Case Study – Recruitment of Customer Service Co-Ordinator – SME – Casagrande UK
Casagrande UK is a Chesham based construction plant company. This is an SME with many long service employees facing not only the challenge of a recruitment drive but, also relocating their business to Westcott in the near future.
They asked SYLO to assist the recruitment of a Customer Service Co-ordinator as a long standing employee was retiring. As a business with a history of retaining employees, they were looking to outsource this recruitment requirement from start to finish as they felt, due to the lack of employee churn; they were not equipped to do this effectively.
Key requirements were: to establish essential and desirable criteria for the role, create advert copy, identify best channels to advertise, agree recruitment process and any additional support required at face to face interview stage to ensure effective engagement of new employee to start within a very short timeframe.
- Identify key requirements for role: Establish the culture of the business, key to knowing the business, essential and desirable criteria for this role, what type of candidate would fit.
- Recruitment Timeline: Created and agreed a timeline to enable the client to easily understand how long each element of the process would take.
- Job Description: Re-work the JD and get agreement from client.
- Ad copy: Agree ad copy, building in all key requirements including target market and agree recruitment strategy using job boards and LinkedIn.
- Process: Devise a process that client was happy with, collaborative strategy to include all elements from candidate attraction to management including:
- Regular updates with client regarding progress
- Shortlisted candidates agreed, telephone interviews held, a summary of each suitable candidate forwarded to client.
- Client controlled decision making process based on telephone interview summaries and CV’s, candidates selected and invited for interview.
- Interview – agreed dates, type of interview and invited candidates.
- Full support given to client in preparing for face to face interviews.
- Once candidates were interviewed, decision made by client that day.
- Offer made to successful candidate by SYLO Associates with remuneration negotiations handled by us.
- Offer accepted, SYLO were involved in overseeing the Offer Letter, once agreed issued to successful candidate with notice period and start date agreed. Cost effective campaign with the whole process taking 4-5 weeks from brief taken to offer being made and accepted.