CPD Certified – HR Data Protection training!
If you are an HR professional or perform an HR role/function in your organisation you really don’t want miss this opportunity to get to grips and get more comfortable with the data protection aspects that go with it.
Following on from our fantastic news regarding our collaboration with Databasix we’re delighted to invite you to book your place on the first module, managing Your Employee Personal Data.
Managing Employee Data Protection
In the first module we set out the fundamental role that GDPR plays within any type of organisation.
Employers process a lot of personal data on a daily basis. Managing this effectively and lawfully is informed by the topics that are being covered in the session.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) affects all areas of your business including data of employees, workers and consultants. Employers process a lot of personal data on a day to basis.
- HR Professionals
- Operations Directors
- HR Directors
- Definitions of personal data, special categories of personal data from a HR perspective.
- Core 6 principles of GDPR, including:
- What should be contained in a privacy notice.
- Lawful basis for processing employee data, including contract, legal and legitimate interest(s) and in limited circumstances consent.
- How to demonstrate that your organisation complies with the law “accountability principle”.
- Importance of privacy by design and by default: what to consider when introducing new HR systems or types of data processing.
- Managing data breaches.
- Handling subject access requests.
- Why HR professionals cannot be the data protection officer for their organisation.
This module is in two Parts of 90 minutes each, with Part 1 being delivered on 17 November 2020 and Part 2 delivered on 24 November 2020. By enrolling for Part 1, you will be automatically enrolled for Part 2. The single fee of £150.00 (£125.00 plus VAT) covers both Part 1 and Part 2. You must participate in both Parts to complete the module to receive CPD points.
There are 5 modules which culminate in a Diploma in Workplace Data Protection. For further details on the subsequent modules, visit our Events page.
SYLO | Beyond HR and Databasix are proud to have collaborated to develop and deliver these sessions to support the management of data protection in the workplace. You can read more about Databasix here.
Protecting – Your People, Your Data, Your Business