Individuals can claim compensation for breach of the GDPR against data controllers and data processors. The compensation will cover financial loss, as well as damages purely for distress. This module in our Workplace Data Protection series focuses on managing and responding to Employee Individual Rights.
This course will focus on managing and responding to employee individual rights, including:
- Handling subject access requests, covering exemptions that may apply.
- What to do in the event that an employee asks for their data to be deleted.
- How to ensure that you respond to any objections to automated decision making during the recruitment/selection process.
- Discuss the importance of informing you employees and candidate on how you process, store and retain personal data.
- Discuss how to ensure that any requests for rectification are handled appropriately.
- HR Professionals
- Operations Directors
- HR Directors
SYLO | Beyond HR and Databasix are proud to have collaborated to develop and deliver these sessions to support the management of data protection in the workplace. You can read more about Databasix here.
There are 5 modules which culminate in a Diploma in Workplace Data Protection. For further details on the subsequent modules, visit our Events page.