CPD Certified – Recruitment and Selection Training – Module 2
During the recruitment and selection process, you will collect a significant amount of information about a candidate. It is incredibly important to understand what you are collecting and why. The course will cover:
- Describing the lawful bases for processing recruitment data.
- Discussing the types of personal and special categories of personal data processed as part of the recruitment campaign i.e. pre-screening, telephone and face to face interviews, psychometric assessments.
- Explain how to inform candidates about what you are processing on them and why.
- Highlight how long you can retain candidate data, and how to securely destroy the records when the retention period has expired.
- Discuss the importance of knowing where you store your candidate data, in particular when using cloud-based systems that may be located outside of Europe.
- Highlight your responsibilities when using 3rd party recruiters.
- Describe your responsibility to keep candidate data secure, and what to do in the event of a breach.
- Discuss individual rights, in particular the candidates right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
- Discuss the processes and systems you should have in place to support the employees first day on the job.
- HR Professionals
- Operations Directors
- HR Directors
SYLO | Beyond HR and Databasix are proud to have collaborated to develop and deliver these sessions to support the management of data protection in the workplace. You can read more about Databasix here.
There are 5 modules which culminate in a Diploma in Workplace Data Protection. For further details on the subsequent modules, visit our Events page.